COLLEGE CREDIT COURSES
College Credit Courses offered in partnership with SOPHIA
The ASB Online Academy has partnered with SOPHIA in order to offer a unique collection of online, self-paced, college credit courses eligible for transfer to over 2,000 colleges and universities.
Sophia Learning Overview
Our mission is to help students achieve college success with Sophia Pathways, our affordable, flexible, competency-based online courses. These self-paced courses cost a fraction of traditional college courses, and are accessible anytime, from any device. Not only do our online college level courses cost much less than traditional courses, there are also no textbooks to buy and you never have to miss work to take a test or attend class. Designed to be affordable and accessible to students at every stage of their educational career, our courses make it easy to streamline work, life and education, so you can earn a college degree in a way that works best for you. As a part of our ongoing commitment to learning, we also provide free college readiness resources for students, including test prep and refresher courses, as well as professional development resources for teachers.
Earn College Credit
The American Council on Education’s (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT)® has evaluated and recommended college credit for sixteen of SOPHIA’s courses. These courses are eligible to transfer to more than 2,000 colleges and universities. For more than 30 years, colleges and universities have trusted ACE CREDIT to provide reliable course equivalency information to facilitate their decisions to award academic credit.
Each of Sophia’s ACE CREDIT® Recommended courses are listed to the left hand side of the page.
Sophia’s college courses are guaranteed to transfer into a degree program at a number of featured partner organisations. Click here to learn more.
Click on ‘MORE‘ under each course to learn more. All student courses are available to our Institutional Enrollment Program members.
Please note the following that applies to all SOPHIA courses offered:
- All enrollments are completed through the ASB Online Academy
- Payment is completed online and your login details will be sent directly to the email provided.
- All courses are offered on a rolling enrollment basis. You choose your own start date and have 60 days to complete each course. However, because the courses are self-paced, you can complete them in fewer than 60 days.
- There are no textbooks for any Sophia Course. All material is taught by video and text-based tutorials that are in the course room, and are included in the cost.
- Grading: Your overall score is derived from how you do on two types of assessments: Challenges, which are formative assessments, and Milestones, which are summative assessments. (Sophia’s English Composition I course also includes written assignments, called Touchstones, that also contribute to your overall score.) Sophia courses are graded on a pass/fail basis. No letter grade is issued for a completed course.
Sophia’s Accounting course helps you gain mastery of the fundamental principles and procedures of the modern practice of accounting.
Sophia’s College Algebra Course helps you build mastery around linear, non-linear, and other mathematical functions that include algebraic, graphic, and numeric properties.
Sophia’s Conflict Resolution Course helps you gain mastery of the basic concepts of conflict resolution and how to apply these concepts in real world situations and your own lives.
Sophia’s Introduction to Art History Course helps you gain mastery of the basic art history elements of the Western world from prehistoric to modern times.
Sophia’s Introduction to Ethics course explores philosophical approaches to understanding morality and evaluating moral actions.