The ASB Online Academy was founded with a mission to provide an effective, accessible, anytime, anywhere online learning environment that encourages collaboration, and a desire to develop 21st century skills that support lifelong learning.
Who can take our courses
The ASB Online Academy is open to everyone, worldwide! Our learners are located around the world. We offer two strands of learning:
- Professional Learning
- Student Learning
Our online student courses (across three school divisions) are available for our Institutional Enrollment Program members only. Our professional development courses are available once a semester as per the scheduled dates advertised.
How our online courses work:
- Class sizes are limited to 15
- All courses are 100% online
- Learning solutions can be customized to meet our clients’ needs (IEP members only)
- Online courses are offered on a flexible, asynchronous basis – there is no set time to be online
- Self paced courses are offered on a rolling enrollment basis. Start anytime!
- Student courses are offered on both a rolling enrollment and fixed term basis, depending on the course*
- Courses vary in length from 1 week to 16 weeks
- Successful participants receive a Certificate of Completion
- Optional graduate credits available for some courses
- High School credit available for many semester long High School courses
*These dates are flexible for Institutional Enrollment Members
The American School of Bombay is a Pre-K to Grade 12 school located in Mumbai, India. While ASB is a U.S. style school, the Indian setting and its multi-national community, representing over 50 countries, brings together children who have varied experiences to learn in a dynamic and engaging environment. As an International Baccalaureate World School, our PYP, Middle School, Pre-IB, and IB Diploma programs perfectly complement our American curriculum and prepare students for other internationals school as well as college and university. Innovation and a forward-looking perspective have been a part of the school’s DNA since 2003, when it became one of the first PreK-12 laptop/tablet programs among overseas American schools. Today, grounded in its mission to inspire and empower students, ASB aggressively works to make its vision for the future a reality. This vision is to provide the most relevant educational experience in a highly collaborative and individualized context. Change at ASB is powered by its dual-core engine of Teaching & Learning and Research & Development. Our Teaching & Learning core ensures that we deliver the most relevant and research-proven instruction to our students, across all grade levels, every day. Our Research & Development core shifts the horizon of what is possible in schools through trend analysis, prototyping and conducting original research. ASB’s dual-core engine creates a culture of inquiry that fosters curiosity and encourages risk-taking by providing opportunities for students, parents, faculty and staff to challenge themselves in classroom and real-world contexts.
The ASB Online Academy is owned by the American School of Bombay.